Growing Changes is an Edmonton based developmental provider specializing in children. Growing Changes believes in a collaborative, family-centered health care environment. Listening, explaining and working together as a team, we help children achieve their optimal health through partnership between physicians, clinicians and families built on mutual respect, support for each other, and personal accountability. We believe in each other. We empower each other. At Growing Changes, we celebrate each other’s successes, and our differences. We recognize those who exemplify excellence, and reward them for contributing to our collective success.
Rebecca Cormier is the owner/director of Growing Changes. She works with children with special needs from 0 – 18 years in preschools, schools, home agencies and hospitals. Rebecca works closely with the family and areas of focus include: fine and gross motor function, play skills, sensory integration and self-help skills such as dressing/feeding.
Rebecca has over 15 years experience as an occupational therapist and specializes in assessment and intervention of children with developmental challenges. Rebecca graduated with a Bachelor Degree in Psychology from the University of Saskatchewan and a Bachelor Degree with Distinction in Occupational Therapy from Queens University. She is currently working on her Masters in Sensory Integration.
Rebecca has given presentations and workshops on Motor Development, Sensory Integration and Eating. She has taken additional training in:
- Integrated Listening Therapy (ILS)
- SOS Approach to Feeding Advanced Training
- Completed level 1 and 2 intensive Mentorship Programs at STAR (Sensory Therapies and Research Centre) with Dr. Lucy Miller (author of Sensational Kids) and Dr. Sarah Schoen
- Sensory Integration and Praxis Test (S.I.P.T.) Certified (Western Psychological Services/University of Southern California: WPS/USC)
- Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing
- Developmental Visual Dysfunction
- Autism and Behaviour
- Handwriting and Development of the Hand
- Picture Exchange Communication (PECS)
- University of Ulster Masters Program Sensory Integration Master Clinicain Modules 1, 2, 3, 4.
- Received Certificate for Advanced Practitioner of Sensory Integration through University of Ulster
Rebecca is currently a member of the following:
- Alberta Association of Occupational Therapy
- Society of Alberta Occupational Therapist
- Sensory Processing Disorder Foundation