A child’s occupation is “playing and learning”. Growing Changes focus of treatment is on helping children achieve
Growing Changes uses a family centred approach working closely with the families. Growing Changes can work independently or with other team members that may be involved (teachers, paediatrician, physical therapist, psychologist, speech and language pathologist). independence in activities of daily living and offers children positive, fun activities to improve their physical, cognitive and motor skills.
Growing Changes works with all ages of children from birth to adult.
Growing Changes provides services in the following areas:
- Fine motor skills: pencil grasp, positioning, printing, handwriting
- Visual motor and visual perceptual development
- Upper extremity muscle strength and range of motion
- Sensory processing and sensory integration
- Poor social participation
- Self- help skills: feeding, dressing and grooming
- Recommendations for use of adaptive equipment and assistive devices
- School or day care visits to assist school staff on strategies and adaptations in school to better assist your child in learning
- Individualized program plans for education
- Team meetings
- Workshops and presentations
Services include assessment and treatment with extensive report outlining goals identified and strategies. Intervention can be provided in the child’s own home and/or at school.
Growing Changes would be happy to provide parents with a free phone consultation to review the needs for an OT assessment or if other professional intervention is required. For additional information or to arrange an appointment please contact us.